Mighty Minds Kids Anxiety Group
What is the Mighty Minds Kids Anxiety Group?
Our kids anxiety group is an 6 week program. We use evidence based cognitive-behavioral treatment for children with anxiety. Parents/caregivers are also involved in group programming. Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy is well supported by research.
The Mighty Minds Kids Anxiety Group will assist children and families to develop skills in the following areas:
- Recognizing and understanding emotional and physical reactions to anxiety
- Clarifying thoughts and feelings in anxious situations
- Develop coping skills and strategies.
Components of the Mighty Minds Kids Anxiety Group program include:
- Psychoeducation – information for children and families about how anxiety and how it impacts the brain and the body
- Somatic management – relaxation techniques
- Cognitive restructuring – learning about thinking errors and how to think in a way that is more helpful
- Exposure tasks – provides children with the chance to be in a feared situation and have a mastery experience
Mighty Minds Kids Anxiety Group for Children Ages 6-12
Our Kids Anxiety Group is a 6 week evidence based cognitive-behavioral treatment program for children with anxiety. The components of this program include psychoeducation, exposure tasks, somatic management, cognitive restructuring, and problem solving.
Dates to be determined.
Parents/caregivers attend along with child
Cost to attend 6 sessions is $450 per child
Participants can attend in-person or virtually.